Wednesday 28 March 2012

Radio Silence

So far, in the two years it’s been up and running, I’ve committed just under 20,000 words to this blog, and enjoyed every damn one of them. But there’s a situation. Between now and the end of the summer, I have somewhere in the region of 50,000 words of re-writes to do; plus a hefty work-life-balance-threatening day job. Something, as they say in the song, has got to give.
So I’ll be bidding the regular readers of this fine internet institution – both of them – a fond and temporary farewell. Who knows; I might get the chance for a cheeky post, but I doubt it. I may not even get out of this with my sanity intact.
Whenever you’re kicking back; levering the cap off a chilly beer or catching up with a movie – spare me a thought. I’ll be hunched over a second-hand laptop in the spare room, goggle-eyed and feverish.
See you in the Autumn, good people.

3 comments:

  1. We'll miss you Mr M :( But all the best with the rewrites. Bye for now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, mate! Looking forward to your book's release.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck with the rewrites and looking forward to reading your book!

    ReplyDelete